Following the demise of the world’s most popular torrent website KickassTorrents, another popular pirate website has disappeared from the internet. The sudden disappearance of the online movie streaming portal Solarmovie is being attributed to its connections with KickassTorrents.
I‘m expecting that you are aware of the recent setback faced by KickassTorrents. The domains of websites were seized by the U.S. Government, along with the arrest of its founder Artem Vaulin. However, within 24-hours of its disappearance, we’ve witnessed to KickassTorrents alternatives/mirrors in the form of dxtorrent.com and IsoHunt-backed kickasstorrent.website.
But unfortunately in 2009 major file sharing sites which belonged to the torrent community were closed by the authorities. So, In February 2009 a fresh engineKickassTorrents was established.
Right from the beginning, Kickass torrents continued to gain spots on Alexa ranking charts. But unfortunately now onwards we cannot download torrents from this site. Artem Vaulin, the owner of kickasstorrents was arrested on 20th july,2016. Here are the reasons behind his arrest.
Charges Filed Against KickassTorrents Owner
According to criminal complaint [pdf] filed in US District Court in Chicago, Vaulin faces:
- Two counts of criminal copyright infringement.
- One count of conspiracy to commit criminal copyright infringement.
- One count of conspiracy to commit money laundering.
The United States federal authorities say that KickassTorrent has caused damages of more than $1 Billion to copyright holders.
“Vaulin is charged with running today’s most visited illegal file-sharing website, responsible for unlawfully distributing well over $1 billion of copyrighted materials. In an effort to evade law enforcement, Vaulin allegedly relied on servers located in countries around the world and moved his domains due to repeated seizures and civil lawsuits. His arrest in Poland, however, demonstrates again that cybercriminals can run, but they cannot hide from justice.”
According to the complaint,
- KAT operates in 28 languages. It has made available movies that were still running in theaters.
- At the same time, company is earning revenue through advertisements.
- The website’s value is estimated at more than $54 million. It’s annual advertising revenue ranges between $12.5 million and $22.3 million.
- KAT was blocked in Britain, Ireland, Italy, Denmark, Belgium and Malaysia. As a result, it moved its domain 7 times.
- Vaulin used the screen name “tirm,” during the design of original website. He is operating this site and running sccesfully since 2008 through a Ukrainian-based front company called Cryptoneat.
But at the end of story, it is a sad news for most of the users who download movies and other stuffs from this site. At last, the era of kickass torrents that ruled the torrent kingdom over the 8 years came to an end.
UPDATE: KickassTorrents is DEAD! But Someone Just launched New Mirror
After the arrest of KickassTorrent’s owner and seizure of primary KAT domain, a mirror of the original KAT website with identical design has been made available online in less than 24 hours.
Love this Article! Don’t Forget to share with your friends.